Submit your winning design!
Calling young designers
Design. Send. Win.
Centro SOL is hosting its first Contest of the Latino Health Conference branding. Become the official designer of our 4th Latino Health Conference brand! Design, describe your work, and submit.
The 2019 Latino Health Conference theme is: MENTAL HEALTH: Community-centered solutions addressing mental health issues among Latinos in a new emerging city. The Conference is presented by Centro SOL and sponsored by the Urban Health Institute and the American Academy of Pediatrics (Maryland Chapter).
The winning design will be used for posters, website, flyers, and other promotional materials for the conference.
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood 
1. Youth 14-17 years old
2. Must be Baltimore City or Baltimore County residents
3. Must submit parent/guardian authorization to participate in the contest (Note: Contact information will be needed to participate in the contest. Contact information will be kept confidential).
4. Artwork designs must be original*. Copy of design or art will disqualify the applicant.
5. Creative work must be adaptable to digital and printed materials (for which vector or similar file is required). Winner must be available to finalize the poster with conference details.
6. Applicant must release copyrights to Centro SOL - Authors and participants in the competition retain their moral copyright and agree that their submitted works may be used for any potential use by Centro SOL (online, at conferences, lectures, promotional events, materials and other publications in the scope of Centro SOL's work). Centro SOL will credit the author of the piece in all the digital and printed materials. The authors of the posters agree to any potential publication of their names and works in the media
* Work can be submitted in English or Spanish. Winning applicant commits to authorize translation of their work to English.
a) Your pitch: title of your work and one page describing the motivation for participating in the contest (it can include a 60 seconds video of you describing your project). Citations are permitted as long as they are properly referenced. References don't count in the page submission.
b) Description length: Minimum of one page and up to two pages. Format: 11pt Times font, single space, 0.5 margins
8. Include a high definition file (PDF), vector (EPS or similar) file, and a JPG file of your design
Creative work will be rated based on the following criteria:
Technical suitability (participant's meets competition requirements)
Communication clarity and relevance
Positivity of the message
9. First vote: A panel of 4 individuals (including artist, youth, healthcare professional) will review the designs and rate each piece
10. Second: A panel of 6 individuals will review the top 5 designs(including artist, healthcare professional, youth and adult community member)
11. Submission deadline: November 20
12. First vote/Second vote: November 26, 27
13. Winner announced November 28
14. First $400 cash + $75 amazon credit*
15. Second and third will receive a $25 Amazon credit*
READY?? Submit now! Open the SUBMISSION FORM and use password “Centro SOL Contest” to submit your work.
More details and submission of your design at https://www.jhcentrosol.org/blogposts/centrosolcontest2018. For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
 U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, "Basics: What Is Mental Health?," 29 August 2017. [Online]. Available: http://www.mentalhealth.gov/basics/what-is-mental-health.
+ By participating in this contest you release Centro SOL, Johns Hopkins Institutions, Johns Hopkins University, and its affiliates and staff of any liability, and you authorize your name to be used for marketing, communication, and promotion purposes.
* Amazon credit: to claim your credit please contact email@example.com with the link to the items you want to purchase on Amazon. Centro SOL will purchase the items for you.
Submission form link https://jhmi.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1AjehLmFhWMzTPn
Details and submission of your design at http://jhcentrosol.org/blogposts/centrosolcontest2018